Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gracie's 1st Dance Recital

from June 14, 2013

Gracie had her first dance recital called "More Than Words".  She started tap, jazz, and ballet last year with a local dance studio and they practiced all year long for the big night.

I didn't know if Grace would actually go through with being on stage.  While she has a great personality, she also has a shy side.  I honestly thought that she would get "stage fright" and just stare out at the crowd.  She surprised us, though, and did great.

There were three dances:  Isn't She Lovely? (ballet), Call Me, Baby (jazz), and Pretty Girl Rock (tap).  All of the dances were so sweet but the one that stands out in my mind the most is the first one, Isn't She Lovely?    These little girls were so precious twirling around in their purple dresses.  As soon as the music started I couldn't help but get all teary-eyed.  Gracie looked so beautiful up on that stage.  I fell in love with her all over again.

Call Me, Baby and Pretty Girl Rock were cute, as well.  I loved these songs because it brought out the sassiness in my Gracie Sassypants and boy, did she rock that!

Here are some pics from the night:






















No comments:

Post a Comment