Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter 2013 Re-Cap (Late)

I know this is late but I finally am feeling well enough to post about Easter.  I was hit hard by the flu bag for an entire week and still have a nasty cough to show for it.

Because of the flu, I really didn't think that we (I) were even going to celebrate Easter this year.  My sister-in-law volunteered to host it again this year but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it.  Luckily, on Saturday I felt well enough to get out for a couple of hour to pick out Easter outfits and then made it to church on Sunday.

 The kids woke up to their Easter baskets.




My babies:  Caleb (3), GracieAnn (5), and Kanin (9)





Family picture 2013

Caleb received an extra special gift . . . a big boy seat.

After church we headed to Scott's sister's house for lunch.  Of course, there was lots of Pinterest inspiration present.

After lunch, the kids were definitely ready to hunt Easter eggs.
My great-nephew, Ben (5).

I was happy that Kanin still wanted to hunt Easter eggs this year.




My other great-nephew, Ian (2).

Ian decided he didn't want to be in the picture.  Of course, we missed the other kids this year--Ali, Aidan, and Kenzie



After hunting Easter eggs, we came inside and dyed a few eggs.





I was really happy that I felt good enough to be able to be with the rest of the family.  The kids had a great time and it was nice just being together. 

2 comments:

  1. your kiddos are so precious! Happy Easter-late! so sorry you had the flu...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The flu was horrible. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

      Delete