Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Want to Reply To You/Chat With You

I've seen various bloggers post on this before but it has never been an issue for me. . . until recently.

I remember when I first started blogging I would comment on people's blogs and then go back and check the same blog post again to see if the author had commeted back to me.  Many times they actually had made a comment back to me and I'm sure that they were experiencing the same frustration that I am now.

The last couple of weeks I have received several sweet comments on posts.  These comments are sent directly to my email so that I never miss anything that you say to me.  The problem, though, is that many of you do not have your accounts set up to where I can respond straight back to you.  Did you even know that your blog could be set up like that?  I didn't know it for months and months but once I fixed it, I started hearing back from those bloggers whose posts I had commented on.  Heck, we even started having normal email conversations. 

So, here is how you do it:

Go to your Blogger Dashboard
Click on "Edit your profile"
Find the section that says "show my email address"
Check that box
Save

Now just because it says "show my email address" does not mean that your email will be posted on your blog page for all of the world to see.  All it means is that when you comment and that gets sent to me, I will actually be able to hit "reply" and reply directly back to you.  If you do not have the "show my email address" box checked then when I receive your comment in my email it just says no-reply-comment@blogger.com so there is no way for me to respond to you.

If you have any questions, comment here and I will check back.

Also, I will be chatting on my blog tomorow night (Thurs) at 8CST/9EST.  Hope to see you on!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know that .... interesting. I really wish I could change the email I used for my blog... cuz I used my personal email but I would really rather use one specifically designed for my blog.

    thanks though.. I'm going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I used to not have mine set like that...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have mine set to that, as I have accidentally turned it off and had people tell me that. I no longer use blogger but because I did I guess i have to leave it up, or I haven't figured out how to just get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get my notifications right to my email but I'll check to see if I can get it set up the way you explained. I'm on Wordpress so it might be a bit different.Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get my notifications right to my email but I'll check to see if I can get it set up the way you explained. I'm on Wordpress so it might be a bit different.Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete