Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
I'm all about reusing the things that I already have in my home to come up with all different types of new things. It's not only fun but it's also just a smart move too. It doesn't hurt that it helps pinch some pennies too! Well I thought that my next project could be to make a bed for my dog. He's been sleeping on an old sofa cushion that we have and I'm honestly embarrassed for anyone to see it when they come over and visit our house.
I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to get a nice dog bed, especially before we have all this company over for the holidays. I looked online with wireless internet Los Angeles to see if I could find some great dog beds that would look nice in our home.
Then I found an idea for a slipcover dog bed. I stashed an older one that I had in my closet and I pulled that out and used ti to make a dog bed. It was pretty simple and I didn't have to worry about finding some fabric for the dog bed that matched my decor.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Have you ever had any of your accounts get hacked? Recently, my PayPal account was hacked. The person spent over $500 and I spent several hours on the phone trying to get the whole thing sorted out. I don't understand people who have nothing better to do with their time than to mess up people's lives on the internet.
After getting that mess figured out, I knew that I had to find some way to protect my computer from future pirates. I found Norton Small Business by Symantec.
Norton Small Business by Symantec provides security for home computers and for small businesses. I can't imagine owning a small business and having to deal with the constant worry of someone hacking in and getting business information. Norton is constantly updating their product so that they can povide the most efficient, worry-free internet security. In fact, just this past September Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security 2012 were launched to give small business owners more peace of mind.
If you have been dealing with security issues or even if you would like to monitor your kids internet usage, check out Norton Small Business by Symantec.
By the way, just in time for the holidays, you can get 30% off Norton Small Business Products now.
Have you had your computer or files hacked? Tell me about it.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
1. Beaujolais [BOE-zjoh-lay] Nouveau is always released the third Thursday of November, regardless of the start of the harvest.
2. The region of Beaujolais is 34 miles long from north to south and 7 to 9 miles wide. There are nearly 4,000 grape growers who make their living in this picturesque region just north of France's third largest city, Lyon.
3. All the grapes in the Beaujolais region must be picked by hand. These are the only vineyards, along with Champagne, where hand harvesting is mandatory.
4. Gamay (Gamay noir Jus Blanc) is the only grape permitted for Beaujolais. While certain California wineries may label their wine "Gamay Beaujolais" this is not the same grape variety as what is grown in France, and is quite different in taste and growing habits.
5. Beaujolais Nouveau cannot be made from grapes grown in the 10 crus (great growths) of Beaujolais-only from grapes coming from the appellations of Beaujolais and Beaujolais-Villages.
6. Beaujolais Nouveau owes its easy drinkability to a winemaking process called carbonic maceration, also called whole berry fermentation. This technique preserves the fresh, fruity quality of the wine, without extracting bitter tannins from the grape skins.
7. Beaujolais Nouveau is meant to be drunk young-in average vintages it should be consumed by the following May after its release. However, in excellent vintages (such as 2000) the wine can live much longer and can be enjoyed until the next harvest rolls around.
8. Serve Beaujolais Nouveau slightly cool, at about 55 degrees Fahrenheit-the wine is more refreshing and its forward fruit more apparent than if you serve it at room temperature.
9. Approximately 1/3 of the entire crop of the Beaujolais region is sold as Beaujolais Nouveau.
10. The region of Beaujolais is known for its fabulous food. The famed Paul Bocuse Restaurant is just minutes from the heart of Beaujolais, as is Georges Blanc's eponymous culinary temple. These great restaurants have plenty of Beaujolais on their wine lists. This quintessential food wine goes well with either haute cuisine or Tuesday night's meat loaf.