Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osama bin Laden is DEAD!

Osama bin Laden is DEAD!

That is the Facebook status that I read tonight and it took me by shock.  After turning on CBS, I realized that it was true.

I have to be honest and tell you that it was hard for me to be happy.  At first.  Of course, I was glad that the world is now rid of this monster but I really felt torn about rejoicing in the death of a soul lost.  I don't know your beliefs but I believe that this man will burn in hell forever and something about rejoicing in that just didn't seem right.

I really had to take a little time and remind myself that just as I have freewill, so did he.

Then, I thought of this:









and then . . . I was happy. 

I am glad that the families of the 9-11 attacks, the families of the soldiers who have lost their lives, the families of the soldiers and workers who have gone months without their loved ones, the Americans who were afraid to fly, afraid to drive, afraid to LIVE can now sleep well.  There is less evil in this world tonight and I am happy and grateful.

In OCS (Officer Candidate School) we had to pick a General to study.  Our class chose GEN George S Patton.  He has many quotes but this one came to mind in my moment of weakness earlier:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
Manic Monday - Hosted by bassgiraffe's Thoughts and Purple Froggie Clay Stuff

2 comments:

  1. new gfc follower. Please follow back at http://simplyshopandsave.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. a 9 year old said it best...she said, " I don't want to celebrate the killing of a man, but I WILL celebrate the end of his terrible actions" Thought it was a really grown-up way to put it. Osama has hurt so many and now is gone...I loved your 9/11 recap...we should all HAVE to watch it repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete