Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day 2011

When I picked Kanin up from school on Friday  he was so excited for me to open up my Mother's Day present.  I asked him if he wanted me to wait until Sunday but he was way too excited and wanted me to open it right away.

I received a flower with instructions on how to water and plant it.

He also had a Special Fact Sheet all about me.
It read:
My mom's name is Mom.  (Duh!)
My mom is 36 years old. (Just 1 year off)
My mom is 25 feet 14 inches tall.  (Um, no)
She weighs 60 pounds.  (Again, no)
My mom has brown hair and green eyes.  (Yep)
Her favorite number is 21.  (especially if I'm playing Blackjack!)
Her favorite color is red.  (Just like the St. Louis Cardinals)
Her favorite food is popcorn and noodles.  (Yummy!)
Her favorite TV show is Real Housewives of New Jersey.  (This made me laugh out loud.  I do love all of the Housewives series)
Her favorite book The Lost Hero.  (Percy Jackson series)
Her favorite song is Party in the USA.  (Love this song and proud of it!)
My mom really loves me being good.  (Yes, I do)
My mom is best at cooking.  (Yay)
My mom loves when I don't fight with my sister.  (So true!)
My favorite thing to do with my mom is go outside. (We do have fun playing outside)
I love when my mom keeps me safe.  (Aw, so sweet!)

He also drew a picture of us together on the back.

The last few years we have gone to the Cardinal game for Mother's Day (if they are at home).  So, we headed down again this year.

Here I am with my 3 babies.  Sorry, Cubs fans.  

Of course, what would a trip to the ballpark be without stopping to see Fredbird.  All of my kids love him . . . so do I.


Fredbird signed Gracie's (Kanin's) Fredbird hat.

While I am glad that we went down, it was SO hot.  Scott and I have come to realize that the bleachers (where our season tickets are) are 10 degrees hotter once the temperature reaches about 60 degrees and 10 degrees colder under 60.  Don't ask me why but I swear to you that it is true.  Today it was about 78 degrees but the bleachers were more like 88-90.  It was just really hot for the kids sitting down there so we walked around for a bit and then left in the 3rd inning.  They all were whiney and wanted to leave so we went to my mom and dad's house to watch the rest of the game with them.

Mother's Day ended with some yummy Mexican food (Mommy's pic) and more playing outside. 

It was a perfect weekend.  I hope yours was, too!



4 comments:

  1. Aww that is so adorable. I'm so glad you had a nice day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a perfect weekend! Happy Mother's Day to you! And I really love the new picture you have up top, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the facts about you!! So cute!! SO glad you had a great mother's day! Sounds so fun! Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact sheet was adorable!!! I love having kids!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete