Monday, November 29, 2010

12 Days of Christmas/DIY and Crafts-Day 7

I am very excited to read everyone's post for today's topic from the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge.  You can check it out here:





This year will be the first year that I do crafts with the kids for Christmas.  I know that a lot of people start younger than 7 but I am not  a crafty person by nature so I just never put a lot of thought into it.  This year, though, I am really trying to focus the decorations and all of the "spirit" of the holiday on them.  I wrote about it last week and you can read it here.

It so happens that one of my friends posted a recipe on Facebook today about making Christmas Dough Ornaments with her little girls.  She sent me the recipe and we are going to do it tomorrow night.  You can check the recipe out here.  We are going to do our ornaments tomorrow night.

I also bought our very first Gingerbread house to decorate together. 

Last year the kids got these little wooden cut outs of toy soldiers in their stockings.  They each colored them with markers and I put them up on the mantle.  While I was at Michael's today, I bought 3 of the same toy soldiers.  I am going to have the kids do one of these each year and just line them up either on my mantle or the buffet in the dining room.  Even my little baby Caleb will be in on the action.

If you have any cute, easy, kid-friendly crafts for the holidays, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment