Thursday, August 19, 2010

1st Day of School For Mommy

Yesterday was Kanin's first day of 1st grade and the first day that he went to all-day school.  I dropped him off yesterday morning and had myself a good cry.  His school starts at 8:20 and at about 9:30 I checked my watch and realized that I still had a long day ahead of me.  I packed up Caleb and Gracie and we headed to the mall.

It was really weird knowing that I wouldn't pick Kanin up until 3:20.  Last year I barely had time to run to the grocery store before it was time to go get him.  Yesterday, though, the day seemed to drag on and on.

At 3:15 I headed up to school to get him.  School gets out at 3:20 and first came the day care kids.  Then, all of the bus riders.  Finally, it was time for the walkers and car riders.  I was so happy to see him and he was happy to see me, too!










1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything worked out with his teacher situation!! You're a good mom for staying on top of those sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete