Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Word for the Year--DISCIPLINE!

While reading one of the blogs that I subscribe to, the writer was talking about how last year she committed herself to one word for the year . . . BREATHE. To her it resonated on many levels because she was pregnant at the time and knew that she would literally be using her word when that baby came. She also wanted to remind herself to BREATHE in life, you know, slow down and smell the roses. Anyway, it got me to think about what word I would want to incorporate into my life this year and I think I am going to try to make word DISCIPLINE.

Having been in the military and just being stubborn by nature, I think that DISCIPLINE actually comes pretty easily to me. I've always been the type that if I set my mind to it, then I will do it; however, there are definitely certain areas in my life that while I say I'm going to do it, I always come up with an excuse not to.

My MAJOR goals in using DISCIPLINE this year are as follows:
--get in better shape (notice I DID NOT SAY "Lose Weight"
--clean and organize the basement
--complete each child's hospital scrapbook
--complete Kanin's 1st year scrapbook


My DAY-TO-DAY goals in using DISCIPLINE this year are as follows:
--don't go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink
--don't let clean clothes set in the laundry basket for more than 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment