Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sprouting Up Trees







Well, it is that time of year again. My favorite time . . . putting up Christmas decorations. Everyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with Christmas trees. I love all Christmas tree: big ones, little ones, red, blue, black , white (you get the picture). I used to have a Christmas tree for every room but now that we bought the bigger house I am going to have to buy more trees.






Each of my trees have a certain theme. The one in the family room is gold, silver and white with angels all over it. I call it my angel tree. A lot of the ornaments are from Scott's mom so I thought it fitting that her ornaments should be on the angel tree. My obsession with trees is obvious if you take a close look at this one. Although it is a beautiful tree, it is too tall for my house so the top branches have never been on it! It is kind of just cut off at the top. I couldn't resist buying it, though, because it was normally $250 and I snagged it for a cool $28 after Christmas. Every year I say that I need to buy an angel for the top of the tree and then I forget.






I also have a red and white candy tree. I put red lights on this one and all of the ornaments are candy related.






There is the small tree with pink lights and victorian ornaments such as shoes, flowing dresses and intimate beads. I have a Scooby Doo tree and a sports tree, too.






In a couple of years I would like to do an old-fashioned Christmas tree where we string popcorn and find pone cones to paint. I think with that tree I will add all of the kids' homemade ornaments that I'm sure will surface over the next few years.






I put the family room tree up this past Friday and I've attached a couple of pics. I will add pictures of the others as they slowly find their way around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment